Uber and Lyft Accidents
Were you injured in an Uber or Lyft accident? Rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft are not just a trend. Uber and Lyft provide a valuable service in Hamilton and throughout Ontario. Simply open an app, schedule a ride, and get to your destination safely. Unfortunately, accidents happen and not all rides end with the passenger being delivered safely to their destination. Due to the growing popularity of rideshare services, we’re seeing an increase in Uber and Lyft car accidents in Hamilton and throughout the Greater Toronto area. The more these companies grow, the more it becomes know that many of these drivers, like other drivers, tend to drive fast, weave in and out of traffic, make unsafe turns, fail to stop at red lights and stops signs, and fail to signal. What is worse is that many Uber and Lyft drivers are distracted by their phones, mobile-phone apps, navigation computers, or satellite radio. Many drivers are also fatigued by over-driving since there is no-one overseeing their behavior.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a rideshare accident, having the right Uber or Lyft accident lawyer on your side can make the difference between winning or losing your case. An experienced Hamilton personal injury lawyer can help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
Types of Rideshare Accident Victims
The Passenger – As a rideshare passenger, you expect a standard level of safety to get to your destination safely. When that doesn’t happen, it can be devastating. Whether you have been seriously injured, physically or sexually assaulted, or a loved one has lost their life, we can help.
A Pedestrian, Cyclist, or Person in Another Vehicle – With more rideshare vehicles on the road, the number of vehicles involving an Uber or Lyft driver is increasing. If you were a pedestrian, in another vehicle, or on a motorbike or bicycle and have been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver, your claim can be further complicated. It’s enough for you to focus on your injuries or loss; get the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Recovering Your Losses – Life After an Uber or Lyft Accident
Whether you were the passenger, the driver, a pedestrian, a cyclist, or in another vehicle involved in an Uber crash, with a serious injury your life has no doubt has instantly changed. It is extremely difficult for car accident victims and their loved ones to adapt to, and accept the catastrophic life changes that come from an car accident: loss of life, spinal cord injuries, inability to get back to regular day-to-day activities, and the severe emotional trauma from the car accident and having to cope with a changed lifestyle, loss of life or loss of mobility can be devastating.
Catastrophic injuries come with far-reaching impacts, physically, emotionally and socially. In many cases, adjusting to these challenges can require expensive modifications and treatment, along with years of adaptation. Grief is present in loss of life, but it also appears due to loss of mobility, reduced quality of life and functional impairment.
To add further weight to recovery, you now have to interact with various medical, legal and insurance professionals which can be quite intrusive and intimidating. This is why it is vital to retain experienced representation.
Was your loved one Seriously Hurt in an Uber Accident
If your loved one has been in an Uber accident in Hamilton or in Ontario, consider the following:
- Your loved one needs you – Your presence can give your loved one the support and help they need to keep hope. When a loved one is seriously hurt, your presence may be all they need to remain calm as can be, despite the trauma that they might be going through. You can also help them get connected to the right resources such as their insurance provider and a personal injury lawyer.
- Notify your loved one’s insurance company if they are not able to – sometimes loved ones that are terribly hurt might be in the ICU for several weeks. If you can, advise their insurance company of the seriousness of their injuries.
- Speak to the discharge planners and occupational therapists about the best way to get your loved one home – your loved one might need proper discharge planning from the hospital or rehab unit back home. Working with hospital discharge planners is vital and part of the treatment process. A proper discharge plan must be included in a patient’s medical record and discussed with you as their next of kin, if your loved one is unable to make his or her own decisions.
- If your loved one has major injuries, do not contact the Uber app’s built-in claim service – contact a specialized car accident lawyer instead. Our Hamilton car accident lawyers represent claimants all over Ontario. If your loved one has been seriously hurt in a car accident please contact us at 905-333-8888 for more information. Uber will always look out for its own best interest, not yours. Dealing directly with Uber likely means dealing directly with its insurance adjusters in Ontario, which is never a good idea.
- Hire a lawyer that specializes in serious personal injury – the sooner you contact a lawyer, the sooner they can start investigating the car accident or your loved one’s injury or death. More importantly, once you retain a Hamilton personal injury lawyer for your Uber or Lyft accident, the insurance company will have to communicate with the lawyer.
You Deserve The Best Legal Representation
Our Uber accident lawyers are happy to explain your rights to you – at no cost to you and without obligation. Our accident lawyers can review the details of your claim with you, determine the best course of action, assist with hiring the right occupational therapists, help with your discharge plan and help get you home and as comfortable as possible. – o you have less to worry about. And remember, you don’t pay until you win or settle your claim. Our goal is to protect you and your family every step of the way. To speak with an experienced Uber or Lyft car accident lawyer at Lalande & Company, give us a call at 905-333-8888, fill in a contact form or chat with our live operator 24/7 who will be happy to set up an appointment.